View all facilities

The Porcher House

There is nowhere more romantic and elegant than the Porcher House for such a special occasion as your wedding and/or wedding reception. The ambiance and atmosphere offer a setting so very special that there is no place to compare.

In the heart of Cocoa’s established Historic District, the Porcher House is open to the community to enjoy as a special place for meetings, weddings, parties, luncheons, afternoon teas and card parties.

Click below for a virtual tour of the Porcher House:

View Larger Map


The Porcher House can seat up to 85 with standing room for 125. Linens are available for rental. A list of caterers, florists, photographers, tents, and so much more can be suggested.

The second floor of the house is leased as office space to local businesses. The house is open daily, Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Evenings and weekends are reserved for special events.

Porcher House Image
History of the Porcher House
Edward Porcher came to this area as a young man in the late 1800s from his home in South Carolina. After a short stay in the area of Cocoa he bought property on Merritt Island where he and wife Byrnina Peck of Atlanta settled and began to raise citrus fruit and a family. In 1895 the Porcher's moved into a 3-story wood frame house which stood where the Cocoa Civic Center now stands.

Edward became very successful with Deerfield Groves and is credited with being the first grower to grade fruit for shipping. He also invented a machine to wash the fruit, and was a founder of the Indian River Orange Growers Association.

Construction started on this home in 1914 following Mrs. Porcher's design. Her love of the game of Bridge prompted her to have stones cut to represent the suits of cards and placed in the front of the house. The home was completed and the Porcher family moved in on October 31, 1916.

The Porcher House is an excellent example of 20th century classical revival architecture, adapted to the Florida climate. The house was originally built with ten bedrooms and four and one-half bath and made from native coquina rock. The staircase is made of teak, the floor is oak, and the wainscoting and trim are cedar. Parts of the house are original and others are accurate restorations and some are new.

The Porcher family lived in the home until after World War II. The City of Cocoa obtained the home from the family in the early 1950s and it became City Hall. It has also been a hotel and home for boys. From 1980 to 1988 the house was vacant. The Porcher House was restored with money from two state grants as well as funding from the City of Cocoa.

Today the Porcher House is open to the public to view and available for rent for special occasions. The upstairs rooms are rented as office space. The Porcher House is included on the National Register of Historic Places.