News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/21/2021 1:56:36 PM to 10/28/2021 12:00:01 AM.
Cocoa News Flash
Posted on: October 21, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Imagine A Day Without Water
Today, we Imagine a Day Without Water. It’s a day to learn where your water comes from and where it goes.
- Turn on the tap, and clean water flows out. Flush the toilet, and dirty water goes away.
- When you have reliable water service, you don’t have to think about the infrastructure that brings water to your home or business and returns it safely to the environment–but we should.
- On Imagine a Day Without Water, we ask everyone to consider what their day would be like if they couldn’t turn on the tap and get clean drinking water, or if you flushed the toilet and wastewater didn’t go anywhere. What would that day be like?
Water infrastructure is the lifeline of our communities.
- A day without water means firefighters can’t do their jobs, hospitals can’t function, and no one can bathe themselves or their children. Water infrastructure is vital to every household and community.
- Whether it’s an engineer designing a capital project, an operator ensuring the safety and quality of drinking water or a member of a pipe crew maintaining the infrastructure in our community, water professionals work around the clock to ensure tap water is there when you need it.