The mission of the Purchasing and Contracts Division is to support the purpose and goals of the City of Cocoa — its public service missions — by purchasing and providing quality goods and services at competitive prices and providing responsive and responsible service to all municipal departments.
We achieve our mission through:
- Dedication to excellence in customer service
- Providing avenues of access to businesses
- Processing orders in a timely manner
- Streamlining operations
- Pursuing cost savings
- Identifying new sources of supply
- Developing relationships with local and small business set-a-sides (i.e. veteran owned, service-disabled veteran owned, minority-owned, economically disadvantaged and women-owned vendors)
- Complying with all statutory requirements of the State of Florida, standard practices of all applicable Federal clauses, and City Ordinances.
The City of Cocoa’s Purchasing and Contracts vision is to set a standard of excellence by creating partnerships with customers and leading innovatively in strategic sourcing, contract management and efficient procurement processes to facilitate the City’s mission and create outstanding value for the citizens of Cocoa.
Unless otherwise stated, the Purchasing and Contracts Division, under the Finance Department, is the only department authorized to commit funds for the acquisition of commodities or services and is the initial point of contact for service contracts and agreements.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR GENERAL CIVIL ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURAL AND TRAFFIC ENGINEERING SERVICES Read on...