Irrigation Rules - Know Your Days
Eastern Standard Time (first Sunday in November until the second Sunday in March) irrigation guidelines:
- Irrigation is limited to no more than one day per week on scheduled days.
- Residential irrigation at odd numbered addresses or no addresses is allowed on Saturday if needed.
- Residential irrigation at even numbered addresses is allowed on Sunday if needed.
- Commercial irrigation is allowed on Tuesday if needed.
Daylight Saving time (second Sunday in March until the first Sunday in November) irrigation guidelines:
- Irrigation is limited to no more than two days per week on scheduled days.
- Residential irrigation at odd numbered addresses or no addresses is allowed on Wednesday and Saturday if needed.
- Residential irrigation at even numbered addresses is allowed on Thursday and Sunday if needed.
- Commercial irrigation is allowed on Tuesday and Friday if needed.
- Irrigation is prohibited between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm, and is limited to no more than 0.75 inch of water per zone per irrigation day.
- Apply 1/4 inch of water after applying fertilizer
- Apply 3/4 inch (at one time) when irrigation turf (2 times per week during daylight savings, 1 time per week during the winter).
- Irrigation using a micro-spray, micro-jet, drip or bubbler irrigation system is allowed anytime.
- Irrigation of new landscape is allowed at any time of day on any day for the initial 30 days and every other day for the next 30 days for a total of one 60-day period, provided that the irrigation is limited to the minimum amount necessary for establishment.
- Watering in of chemicals, including insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides and herbicides when required by law, the manufacturer, or best management practices, is allowed anytime within 24 hours of application. Watering in of chemicals may not exceed ¼ inch of water per application except as otherwise required by law, the manufacturer, or best management practices.
- Irrigation systems may be operated anytime for maintenance and repair purposes, not to exceed 20 minutes per hour per zone.
- Large gear-driven sprinkler watering lawn Irrigation using a hand-held hose equipped with a spray nozzle that can be adjusted so water flows only as needed is allowed anytime.
- Discharge of water from a water-to-air air-conditioning unit or other water-dependent cooling system is not limited.
- The use of water from a reclaimed water system is allowed anytime. A reclaimed water system includes systems in which the primary source is reclaimed water, which may or may not be supplemented from another source during peak demand periods.
- The use of recycled water from wet detention treatment ponds for irrigation is allowed anytime provided the ponds are not augmented from any ground or off-site surface water, or public supply sources.