- Your Government
- City Clerk
The City Clerk's Office was established by the City Charter, and appointment is made by the City Manager. The City Clerk keeps the official records of the City and is the custodian of the City Seal.
- Providing administrative support to the City Council and City Boards
- Attending and recording all City Council meetings
- Maintaining an accurate record of all City Council actions
- Authenticating and recording all ordinances and resolutions adopted by the City Council
- Posting notice of all City Council meetings and ensuring public notice of all City Board meetings
- Maintaining records retention storage for City documents as required by law
- Recording legal documents, including contracts, liens, mortgages, promissory notes, and satisfactions in the Public Records of Brevard County
- Publishing legal advertisements as required by law
- Coordinating City elections
- Handling public records requests
- Processing citizen complaints
- Publishing the monthly City meetings calendar on a weekly basis
The Office of the City Clerk is a registered passport acceptance facility. Applications and other forms are available in our office.
For more information, downloadable applications / forms, and a list of requirements regarding passports, please visit the U.S. Department of State website.
Appointments are required for passports. Please call (321) 433-8480 to schedule an appointment.
RECORDS CUSTODIAN PRIMARY CONTACT INFORMATION:
Carie Shealy, MMC, City Clerk
Cocoa City Hall, 65 Stone Street, Cocoa, FL 32922
Cocoa General Employees & Police Pension Plan Primary Contact Information:
Sheila Hutcheson, Pension Plan Administrator
3860 Grantline Road
Mims, FL 32754